Friday, November 26, 2010

Gold-Plated Flatware!


I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I spent the morning and afternoon at my grandmother's, and then Christopher and I headed to our friends' house for some killer leftovers and wine. All in all, it was a wonderful Thanksgiving!

It's interesting because I have been going to my grandparents' house for as long as I can remember for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and yesterday I noticed something for the first time: my grandmother's gold-plated flatware. Whenever I am in close proximity to something sparkly or shiny my attention span is similar to that of an ADHD child. Completely fixated on the flatware, I was practically crossing my eyes trying to stare at it every time I went to take a bite of turkey. My grandfather purchased it for my grandmother a long time ago because of all the holiday entertaining they did together. I didn't take a picture of it or anything, but when I got home last night I started doing google searches for gold-plated flatware. Apparently, I'm a little late to the "trend". Back in 2008 Crate and Barrel came out with there "Meret flatware" (no longer available)

This looks fairly similar to my grandmother's
via here


And then I came across these:
Image via Ruby Lane. They've been reduced to $1600; no big deal....

Once again, as if the billion times I've said it isn't enough, I LOVE FAUX BAMBOO!!! I already have this set from Target:
Can you imagine how beautiful a set of gold-plated bamboo flatware would be on a table setting? I CAN!!!! Naturally, I'm on the hunt to find the most beautiful, inexpensive set of gold bamboo flatware. I've found some listings already and will be calling today, but it will most likely take me awhile to find exactly what I want!

For anyone interested, more reasonably priced options can be found via Craigslist, ebay, and iClassifieds:
Image via iClassifieds


XOXO,

Kelly

1 comment:

  1. Excellent collections! I feel so wonderful to see these amazing and elegant collections of French Antique Sterling Silver flatware. Sterling Silver flatware’s are among the items people find with their family’s silver heirlooms. Sterling Silver flatware’s are also showpieces for the decorative arts, be it art glass, art pottery, sterling silver items.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...