Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Little Hollywood Regency Never Hurt Anyone....

I LOVE faux bamboo furniture! I think it's so beautiful and classic, and I often search for pieces on Craigslist, Ebay, and Etsy. A lot of the faux bamboo pieces that I find are classified as "Hollywood Regency". This style of decor is all about glitz and glamor. It's defined by bright, lacquered pieces of furniture, lush fabrics (velvet and silk), crystal chandeliers, pagoda lanterns, and chinoiserie pieces. Hollywood Regency is focused on entertaining. This all sounds great to me!! I'd like to incorporate a few of these elements into our home over time.

Here's a few pieces on Ebay right now. I've also noticed that Florida is the mecca for faux bamboo furniture. All of the items that I want would have to ship from Ft. Myers and Clearwater, which would be costly, so if anyone wants to rent a U-Haul and head to Florida over Christmas, I'm game. ;)


A credenza for our bedroom would be great, but what I really want are matching night stands that I could paint...

Definitely a must-have. Begging to be spray painted.

I have an unhealthy obsession with Chippendale chairs.

Most of these items actually will ship via Greyhound or a moving company, but based on the research I've done to get night stands or a chair to Ohio would cost anywhere from $60 to $100, so it would have to be a REALLY good deal for me to bite the bullet on these.

Happy Ebay-ing!

XOXO,

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...