Thank you, Sara, for nominating me for the "Stylish Blogger Award"! How fun! Apparently there are some stipulations that must be met once this little award is passed along. I'd hate to be a rule-breaker, so here are the requirements:
1. Thank and link back to the person(s) that awarded me.
2. Share 7 things about myself.
3. Pass the Award to other great new bloggers.
4. Contact those bloggers and tell them about the award.
Seven Things About Me:
1. I LOVE to write. For as long as I can remember this has been so. In elementary school I would send short stories I had written to various publishers (silly, I know). In middle school, I was part of "Power of the Pen" (and I somehow could never figure out why I was a nerd), and it should be noted that I was "English Student of the Year: 2003" for my high school. :) Beyond just putting my thoughts into words, I actually love the physical act of writing by hand. I still use a paper planner (and I solemnly swear to never change that). My cursive writing, however, is atrocious. I disliked it in second grade and still to this day, so I stick to print.
2. I have a really vivid memory. I'm not sure if this is out of the ordinary or anything, but a lot of the time (even for mundane, unimportant memories) I can tell you what I was wearing (and the people I was with), specific words spoken, what we were eating, the weather, etc. I also memorize weird things like: my license plate number (and my husband's, family member's, etc.) and addresses and state license numbers for the clients I call on for work (over one hundred people). Don't be impressed though; I'm pretty sure that because I use so much of my brain's storage for "useless" items, I forget very basic things- a lot.
3. I detest the combination chocolate and peppermint. YUCK!!!! I'm getting grossed out just thinking about it!
4. I love to act and sing. People that I grew up with know this about me, but I haven't been involved in any type of theater since high school. My biggest achievement: my senior year of high school I was Maria in West Side Story. I'm still so proud of this today; it was a blast as well. It's kind of strange though because I'm comfortable acting and singing in front of hundreds of people, but if you ask me to do the exact same thing in a room of five people I'd probably pass out.
5. When I first meet someone I'm often told, "You look like Giuliana Rancic". Please don't ever tell me this; to be clear: there is nothing wrong with Giuliana Rancic- at all. The comment that inevitably follows though is, "you have such big eyes", at which point my memory immediately returns to all the boys who referred to me as "bug eyes" in elementary school. I have big eyes; I'm learning to deal with it. :)
6. I despise cheesy, corporate phrases. "At the end of the day", "champion the cause", "the bottom line", "let's talk one-off". Give me nails on a chalkboard over this any day. Please. Did I mention I'm extremely sarcastic?? :)
7. I am the most uncoordinated, un-athletic person you will ever meet. My legs are covered in bruises as we speak, and I fell down the stairs again only a few days ago.
I'm passing the award off to the following:
Morgan of Attention to Detail
Natalie of Natalie Merrillyn
Irene of Design StILes
Nicole of Design Blooms
Victoria of Vmac & Cheese
Michelle of Ten June
Thanks again, Sara!!