Monday, February 28, 2011

Tortoise Decor (and a Shameless Plug)

I've long loved incorporating tortoise accessories into my wardrobe, whether in the form of jewelry, shoes, or sunglasses. More recently, I've started to incorporate tortoise into our home. These images helped to persuade me: 

via Lonny
Isn't this chandelier breathtaking??!! I've been looking everywhere for something similar with no such luck!

via Lonny 

Looking to add some tortoise into your home as well?? I put together a few items to get you started: 
Tortoise Decor
Plates, Glassware, Garden Stool, Flatware, Lamp, Mirror, Tray, Tray. 


As for your wardrobe, here are just a few suggestions:


Do you have any tortoise items in your wardrobe or home? I'd love to hear about them!!! 




Now for the shameless plug: my brother-in-law is opening a restaurant today in Chicago. SO- if you're in the area, go visit Freshii at 161 N. Clark St. #2080!! Congratulations, Scott!!! 




11 comments:

  1. Loving this! There is something very elegant about tortoise decor. I am your newest follower!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Freshii, I will happily stop in! So exciting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that chandelier! What a great selection of items you found. I may have to add some of this into my own home. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That chandelier is so amazing...love tortise...I think I am most in love with entire shells...it's a little weird. (c: And I don't think that is a shameless plug, that is some good ol' fashioned family support! Wish I was closer to come and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love tortoise shell sunglasses- pretty much the only kind I have worn for years- I just like how they go with everything-
    I do love those shoes too-

    Lovely to 'meet' you- I am enjoying your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Silly me, I kept looking at the chandelier in the background and thinking, *How does she know it's tortoise?* Then I saw the one you were referring to. Gorgeous. One of my favorite interiors features tortoise shells on the wall:

    http://www.housebeautiful.com/cm/housebeautiful/images/Yi/hbx-modern-living-room-bond-1010-de.jpg

    Your newest reader,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the tortoise decor! Always a classic, if you ask me! Oh and way to go bro! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No more 1551 Transformed?

    ReplyDelete
  9. No more 1551 Transformed! I decided if/when we move it would drive me nuts to have my blog named after an address at which I no longer live. I did keep the URL address the same (because I had no choice)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the MK watch and love it. I love those shoes and the glasses. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Obsessed with tortoise! I have some sunglasses and a headband that I am just in love with. I really need to incorporate it into the house...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...