Friday, March 11, 2011

I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends

Dear friends, I need your help. This Hickory Chair Co. chair is on Craigslist for $45 (free delivery included). It has a small stain on the seat of the chair, which is fine with me because I would simply recover it. I'm signing up for classes to learn to recover dining room chairs, so I think I could easily recover the seat. The only issue: the back of the chair. It's sewn in. What does this mean? Can I have it recovered too??? Maybe it's something I'll learn in the class. It's a beautiful chair with a lot of potential for $45, but if I'm not able to recover the back it really doesn't matter. By the looks of it, what do you think???





Oh, and check out this big guy I found for $200. I'd like to bring him home with me. He's not exactly what I was looking for in terms of the base of the secretary, but the hutch is JUST what I had in mind. Thoughts??! 


2 comments:

  1. Great finds and the prices are right! I would totally get them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are fab finds! If you can't recover the chair back, maybe you could use fabric paint?

    turnuptherad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...