Monday, September 13, 2010

I won!!



A while back, I wrote a post about a house I loved at the 2010 BIA parade of homes in New Albany. I especially loved a lot of the artwork and light fixtures.
You can see one such piece of artwork behind Christopher in this photo. It is a HUGE poster by Jean Rouille, "La Crevet" (or "tie"). It's an art deco poster and I don't know why, but I just fell in love with it.

I started searching for it on google and found it on a few different auction sites... most of which were showing it priced anywhere from $400-$600. I know a lot about art history, but very little about posters, so I'm not sure why I was able to buy it on ebay for $29.99!!!!!!!!! Maybe mine is on a less desirable paper grade. Who cares!!!??? I can't wait for it to arrive on my doorstep. I have a few spots in mind for it after I save up enough money to frame that big boy....

XOXO,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...