Monday, October 11, 2010

State of the Den/Office...



Over the summer I started pestering Christopher about updating our den. It had the stained "wood" panelling and needed new molding and baseboards. The room also contained a huge, ugly built-in bookcase. Previously, we used the room to "hide" random things. I didn't think to take any "before" pictures at the time, but trust me when I say it was one ugly room!!

Here it is in its current state:
*Ballard Designs Macau chair: normally $249; I paid $65 at the outlet. I'm tempted to paint it a "poppy" reddish-orangish color. Thoughts???


The desk is the Porter desk from Pottery Barn- an anniversary gift from Christopher's parents. I would like to have a piece of glass cut to put on top of it- in case Christopher decides to place Luca on top of it while I'm away from home... ;)


*We still need to replace all the electrical outlets, add shoe molding, and paint everything one more time. Eventually I'd like to put a comfy chair in this corner.

*The rug is from Frontgate. I love the greek key pattern, and I only paid $69 for it!!! It just came today, and I absolutely love it!!

I'd also like to find a bookshelf or etagere at some point. Maybe the Lack or Expedit shelf from Ikea in white???
*Expedit Shelving unit, Ikea
*Image via Real Living . This is probably where I got the idea for the "poppy" colored chair too!

I also need to find a light for the room; I don't need lots of light because there is a large window in the room, and we have six recessed lights, but here are some of my favorites. Be forewarned; I'm all over the board:






*I love the filament bulb!!!!




So... lots to do still, but we're making progress!!

XOXO,

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...