Sunday, October 10, 2010

Painted Pumpkins



Aside from some falling leaves, it feels nothing like autumn outside right now. 85 and sunny; I'm not complaining, but I am going to pretend that it's a perfect fall day: 60-something and a little cloudy. Now that I'm in the right state of mind, I'd like to talk about pumpkins.

I've already shared my pumpkin topiaries here, but after seeing the pictures below, I've decided I'd like to have a "pumpkin painting party". Actually it won't be much of a party, probably just me and my sister painting pumpkins, eating chili, and watching Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen's Double, Double, Toil and Trouble. I'm a big fan of alliteration though, and "party" was the first "p" word that came to mind.

Here are few of my favorite pumpkin photos:
Image via Good Housekeeping

*I love how the pumpkins look like they are falling out of the fireplace!

Image via Martha Stewart

*I've been spray painting everything lately... maybe pumpkins should be the next item on my list. I also love the goodies stored in apothecary jars!

Image via Country Living

*Not sure exactly how they did a zebra pumpkin, but I'm determined to try it myself....

Image via Country Living

*This one's my favorite!!!

The next few weeks of October are pretty hectic, but I'm going to find time to paint at least a few pumpkins. Pictures to follow!!!

XOXO,

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...