Tuesday, November 30, 2010

House Tour: Ryan and Alysha's Holiday Decor

Happy Tuesday! I'm so excited for this post! A good friend of mine, Alysha, was kind enough to share some photos of her beautiful home, complete with holiday decor. Ryan and Alysha (newly married on 10/16/10) bought their first home together in April 2009. It's a craftsman style bungalow.

They have an open floor plan, which they both love for entertaining, with 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, and a bonus room. Unlike my experience, Alysha and Ryan didn't have any remodeling to do when they moved in, as the house was brand new. As a result, they were able to focus their attention solely on decorating. I remember when Alysha first moved in she was bound and determined to decorate her home as fast as humanly possible; in a matter of weeks the house was fully furnished!! That's dedication.

Like me, Ryan and Alysha are fortunate enough to live near a Pottery Barn Outlet, making decorating their home a little less harsh on the checkbook! Alysha describes their taste as transitional, with most of decor from Pottery Barn or similar stores.

Onto the tour:
When they first moved in, all the rooms were one of three colors: "Oyster White", "Neutral Wheat", and the dining room is "Zanzibar Coast", all by Sherwin-Williams. They painted over all the walls that were white with "Nomadic Desert" and added an accent wall "French Roast" (also Sherwin-Williams).
*Check about the adorable penguins; they are made of paper-mache!

I love the intertwined garlands: pine cone and fresh cedar.

Pine Cone wreath via Crate and Barrel; Burlap ribbon via Pottery Barn


Alysha and Ryan have beautiful molding all throughout their home, but I especially love it in the dining room!

All ornaments are from Pottery Barn


Thank you Ryan and Alysha for sharing a glimpse into your home!

These photos make me realize I need to stop being a Scrooge and get out my Christmas decorations!!

XOXO,

Kelly

1 comment:

  1. Your friends house is beautifully decorated!
    New Follower- I encourage you to check out my blog at captivatingandcomical.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...