Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Project "Display My Christmas Cards" = COMPLETE

I don't know about you, but we've been getting lots of Christmas cards here at 1551. I am a big fan of cards in general, and I have kept every card or letter I've ever received since fourth grade. 
I've seen a lot of cute ways to display Christmas cards, especially via Martha Stewart: 


I thought about trying to hang my cards with the garland on our staircase, but Luca loves to eat the garland already, and I would hate for her to eat my cards as well!! 


Instead, I decided to display them on the side of our refrigerator cabinet. I took clothespins and "glitterized" them using three different green glitters. *Glitter can be expensive, so if you don't want to buy full bottles, you can buy little sample packets from Michael's for a lot less money.* To stick them to the cabinet I just used double-sided adhesive squares.  If you don't include the time it took for the glue to dry, this project took less than thirty minutes. Easy! *I will admit, though, I have green glitter all over my face and hands right now. Sparkles never hurt anyone I suppose.... 






* If you don't see your card displayed, please don't be offended. I have a few out in my car right now, but it's 8 degrees so I'm not about to go back outside tonight to get them!!!  

If being crafty is not your thing, another alternative to hanging your cards is this cute photo holder from Urban Outfitters

It's only $8! Pretty cute! 

How do you display your Holiday cards??!

XOXO,

Kelly 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...