Monday, March 14, 2011

Some News and "The One That Got Away"...

First, I want to apologize if I've seemed distant lately. Some of my posts have been half-hearted lately, and I haven't been frequenting other blogs as often as usual. My apologies! 

I do have good reasoning though! Two weeks ago I accepted a new position with the company I work for in global market research. I will be done with my sales position by the end of March. We will also be MOVING to Indianapolis in August. That's one of the reasons I decided to change my blog to "Classically Eclectic". I just wouldn't have been able to stand writing a blog under a name that had no meaning to me anymore! 

We are VERY excited/anxious/scared to pieces! Luckily, the transition will be gradual, something for which I am EXTREMELY grateful!! As a result of all these changes I haven't had many projects going on around 1551. We certainly will have some things to do before we put our home on the market, but projects like painting the brick wall and fireplace seem like a waste of time and money at this point. I am so going to miss some things about 1551 (mainly my beautiful kitchen... sniff,sniff), but we're excited to start a new chapter in our lives. 

We've started casually looking for homes (mainly just for fun at this point since we're not moving for months still). The danger in looking for homes "for fun" is the possibility to fall head-over-heels in love with a home that: 1. we can't really afford, 2. is "in contract" (i.e. going off the market-fast), 3. I would end up losing my job as a result of refusing to leave a home that is SO beautiful.

I would now like to introduce you to said house: "THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY"
What's not to love so far??! 

Things I love: Refrigerator, Glass Cabinets, Marble Counters, Wood floors, Giant Hood, Stove, Subway tiles, Table in the kitchen. 





Painted floors!!! 

I'd paint this room, but for a laundry room it's pretty amazing! 



I want this home. SO. BADLY. It's long gone though. To make myself feel better I keep saying that it's haunted with ghosts and monsters, and the owners are miserable every night they're eating in their absolutely gorgeous kitchen. I'm pretty sure that's a true story. Has to be. I never wanted that scary house anyways.

Oh, did I mention that I'm going to Mexico City for meetings next week for my new role?!? It'll be a quick trip, but in the words of my little sister, "the blog is about to go international"!!!! 



9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Congratulations! Good luck on this new journey..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new job...the home is gorgeous, but I'm sure you'll find the perfect one when the time is right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much going on!! And so exciting!! and this house? I'm depressed I didn't get to buy it!! Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I am in the process of a move right now and although only a local move, it is both exciting and exhausting. Good luck and I hope you find the prefect pad!
    ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful home. I am sure you will find one as beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new job and upcoming move! My fiance and I are house searching right now, too, so I know what you're going through.

    My best friend lives in Indiana, and she loves it.

    And I can totally see why you'd still be lusting after that casa. DREAM HOME STATUS! I'd be content sleeping in a tent in the front yard.

    turnuptherad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That house is just incredible..... Really, there are no other words for it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the new job...I'm happy to have an explanation of the blog name change! (c: Sounds like an amazing opportunity, both for your job and for just plain fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...