Thursday, June 9, 2011

Coming home!


I'm flying home today from Turkey. I had a great time! I'll be sure to share some photos within the next few days. Istanbul is an amazing city. I'm shocked that I didn't buy a single thing to bring home. I've never seen so many beautiful kilim rugs.


Oh, and did I mention that the hotel where I stayed is a fashion district??? Every day dozens of tents were lined up selling high end clothing. No haggling- which is different from most other parts of the city. I fell in love with two skirts. One was pretty similar to Carrie Bradshaw's tutu skirt (only it's just above the knees), and the other was a silk dupioni ikat mini skirt (I'm regretting not getting a photo of it). How I did not succumb to buying both skirts I have no clue. I'm a little bit proud and a little bit sad all at the same time though. :)

Skirts and rugs aside, I can't wait to see these two stinkers:

"See you" stateside!!!


1 comment:

  1. I have no idea how you resisted charming items like those, you have will power of STEEL! Hope you have a quick and easy trip back, there really isn't anything like coming home to your first loves (c:

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...