Thursday, June 2, 2011

Fit for a king

With our move to Indianapolis approaching in the next few months, I've started "editing" our home (i.e. selling, donating, and throwing out LOTS of stuff). I like the idea of starting fresh in a "new" (to us) home with only our favorite things. 

One item I would love to replace is our bed. It's a queen. Neither of us are particularly large people, but I've been told my whole life that I sleep violently- like someone is trying to kill me. I used to fall out of bed a lot growing up, and I have kicked and hit Christopher in my sleep too many times to count. Poor thing. A king size bed wouldn't completely fix the issue (I'll still be a freak of course), but it will certainly help! 

Did I mention our mattress is crappy with a capital C??? I've flipped it and flopped it and I kid you not after a few nights you can see the imprints of our bodies sunken into it. SO UNCOMFORTABLE. 

I think I actually have a tiny chance of convincing Christopher this is a good purchase. He is, afterall, afraid for his safety when sleeping next to me. 

In a perfect world (one where a money tree grows plentifully in our backyard) these are my top picks: 

The Ingrid from Oly Studio via Layla Grace 

Bunny Williams used it. Featured in Lonny

Octavia headboard from Serena and Lilly. This one is customizable. Customization is a beautiful thing I tell you! 



Filmore headboard. Also from Serena and Lilly. Customization Domination. 

Sutton bed from WS Home. Neutral. Classy. Comfy. 


Keep your fingers crossed, friends. 


2 comments:

  1. The second headboard is the best! I love the simple details. Its perfect... and fit for a Queen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those! I love the first one but the nailhead trim really makes them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...