Monday, September 26, 2011

Weekend Snippets

Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend. Mine was pretty low-key. No complaints there. 

On Saturday we picked up some pumpkins (i.e. got "totally ripped off" as Mr. Frankel said). Last year I bought 10+ pumpkins for the same price that I paid for four this year. Yikes. We worked in the yard most of the day. It started to rain though and continued doing so all day Sunday. I did manage to get my cabbages and mum planted before the rain. 



We need to mulch. After edging the beds, cleaning out piles and piles of leaves, and weeding there was little to no mulch left. Next spring. 

On Sunday I went on a cooking spree. I made pumpkin cookies with caramel icing, spaghetti, and shredded chicken. 


Lastly, Christopher and I ordered some shoes with a few Nike gift cards we had: 








6 comments:

  1. Looks great! Don't you hate when you replant something and then your pretty mulch gets all messed up? I like those sneaks too.. they look like a good crossfit shoe. I should check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did yard work this weekend too. No fun. I love your black and white stripe bench on your porch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cookies look so good (and I love the plate they are on)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to meet you, I think the tower pumpkins, the cabbages and the luminaries will look great for fall and a big wreath on your door as well. Those cookies look totally YUM.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great weekend! That giant mum plant is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. my roommate made pumpkin cookies with caramel frosting this past week.. also she bought almost the same nikes over the weekend.. cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...