Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Macassar Ebony


I've been seeing this stuff everywhere lately- at least the veneer version. I did some checking, and it is EX-pensive!!! Apparently it's in very short supply. Oh, but it is beautiful!!! It's masculine and glamorous all at once; yes, Dad, I just described wood as being "masculine and glamorous".

Good news: Mr. Frankel likes it too. Someday, when  if (?) we build a house my walk-in closet is going to have a Macassar ebony island.  I'm not quite certain we'll actually ever build a house, but if we ever do I will be SURE there is an island in my closet. I promise you that. 

I love seeing it paired with brass, chrome, or white lacquer. So what do you think? Have you seen Macassar ebony around lately; quite a few retailers are using it in their stores now. I think I love it as much as I love burled wood. Oh my. 


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this stuff! When we stayed at the Mr. C hotel in Beverly Hills this past summer, they have a huge lobby bar made out of it. Paired with lots of dark jade green accents, crystal, and Eames chairs and OMG it was amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...