Friday, July 16, 2010

Kitchen Renovation

In January of 2009 (two months after getting engaged) Christopher and I decided it was time to remodel our kitchen. This is one of the few projects that we opted for help on due to its size and scope. I was 23 at the time and had NO idea what I was getting myself into. Not a single part of the old kitchen remains; we took the kitchen down to the studs. Looking back, I honestly believe that if two people can get through a large home renovation they can get through just about anything! At one point, we went through a two-week stretch with no running water or appliances in the kitchen. I would, however, go through it all over again because I firmly believe no one should EVER have to live in a kitchen with carpet like we did!!!!

BEFORE...





Pulling out the cabinets on our first day.

Our jaw-dropping pantry :)

Handyman Christopher making sure cabinets are level

We had no clue what we were getting ourselves into, but by the grace of God we survived.... barely!!! :)

AFTER....






Backsplash is a combination of regular subway tiles and translucent glass ones.

*Very proud of my paint job on this old nightstand from my in-laws. I'm kicking myself for not taking any "before" pictures!






While I wouldn't go so far as to say this is my ultimate "dream kitchen", it's a drastic improvement from the outdated one we had before, especially considering that when we started this project, my interest in interior design was nowhere near what it is today.

** One more thing, if I ever do end up with a follower or two, I'm open to criticism and suggestions!!! Thanks! :)


XOXO,

Kelly





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...