Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Campaigning...

With election day quickly approaching I'm sure everyone has one campaign or another on their mind. I am no exception. Here are a few images of some campaigns that I am LOVING:


Image via Apartment Therapy



Image via Regency Furniture


Image via Lona Design


Image via V and M

Image via Regency Furniture


Image via Lonny

Image via WS Home

Image via Gump's


Image via NOHO Modern

ANTIQUE Antiques UK

Campaign furniture was originally made to be travel-friendly; it was made for military campaigns, and as a result, it needed to be easily folded and carried. This type of furniture has been around since the time of Julius Caesar. It was during the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, when the British military was expanding, that some of the most functional (and stylish) pieces of campaign furniture were created. (Information via Wikipedia: "Campaign Furniture").

What I love most about these pieces is the brass hardware. I've been scouring Craigslist for a piece I can paint orange or green. Based on my research, this style of furniture is too practical for Christopher to dispute; I will simply tell him that if we are to get into a fight he can fold up his bookshelf with all his law books and leave..... :). Joking, of course!

XOXO,

Kelly


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...